We are offering the opportunity for someone to join us as a Chartered Legal Executive to work with our Real Estate and Planning teams
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with, and learn from, our world class lawyers in the Real Estate and Planning teams, on some of the largest and most complex infrastructure projects in England and Wales covering nationally significant renewable energy, transport and water schemes. You will be an integral part of the wider teams, helping create a cross-team, unified approach to our clients' needs. You will be responsible for helping run a team of more junior legal executives, liaising internally with stakeholders within the Real Estate and Planning units, and helping to shape the direction and practices for your team, working to deliver a high quality client-led service.
Could this be an exciting next step in your legal career?
- Working on large scale energy and other infrastructure projects, you will be a vital part of our legal teams.
- Leading a team of junior/trainee legal executives.
- Ensuring the quality of work within the team is of the quality required.
- Helping develop working practices, putting your stamp on how the team works
- You will be drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents and agreements.
- Working across both the Real Estate and Planning units, you'll be pulling together strands from multiple sources at the same time.
- Dealing with large volumes of landowner agreements, specialist agreements and other legal documentation.
- Responding to queries and updating clients as needed
Qualifications and Key Skills
Strong attention to detail is required due to the nature of the work.
- Strong experience as a legal executive, ideally at chartered status.
- Staying calm under pressure, often working to tight timelines/turnarounds whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders that range from solicitors, partners, marketing, client support team, legal support and other legal executives
- Demonstrated ability to learn and research
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software, the internal time recording system and online research resources.