Working hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week / We are also offering Part Time hours if required.
As the Operational Support Officer your key accountabilities will include:
- To report directly to the nominated Custodial Operations Manager and carry out the duties detailed by them.
- To work in the control room, monitoring CCTV and radio systems, alerting staff when alarms are raised and completing all necessary paperwork.
- Carrying out routine net test calls and cell call checks.
- To work in the Gatehouse area, giving access to both visitors and staff, including searching of vehicles and staff when required to do so.
- To assist with the escorting of vehicles around the establishment.
- To allocate BWVC and be responsible for the equipment.
- To assist in the Command suite if required to do so.
- To be involved in Exercises and contingency planning.
- Any other OSO related duties.
What you need to do the job
Minimum: GCSE Maths & English grade C or above or equivalent. Good knowledge of IT Skills.
Desirable: Knowledge of Security procedures. IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office applications. Good communication skills with external agencies.
- Experience of a secure environment or of similar client group. (Not mandatory).
Skills and Abilities
- Organisational and analytical skills.
- A team player with flexibility and interpersonal skills with visitors, staff and prisoners. Good communication skills and the ability to monitor and audit processes and procedures. Proven ability to liaise effectively with other agencies.
- Report writing; numerate (interpretation and collection presentation of statistics).
- This position requires upmost trust and decorum when dealing with sensitive information
- Full Driving licence.
- Position will include shift work that may include working nights.
Meaningful and vital work: As part of a highly collaborative team, you’ll be able to strongly influence hiring managers efforts that help us deliver vital services.
A world of opportunity: Working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, your next opportunity and challenge won’t be hard to find.
Great people: You’ll find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive and experienced colleagues, where no two days are the same.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services