This is an opportunity to gain invaluable experience across all the Commercial functions, giving the candidate hands-on experience in all the disciplines and gaining a fantastic general overview. The candidate would gain insight into each function but also be able to see how they all work closely together. This would include Commercial Analytics and Pricing, Marketing, Sales, and Brand.
The Commercial team supports Unite Students in driving budgeted top line revenue of over £580 million, ensuring that we have the correct products and price on the right channels attracting all of our customer segments to get the prefect blend of profitable income across our estate. This includes using data to drive decisions, having the right brand hallmarks and brand architecture to suit the needs of our students, creating demand through various marketing channels and having our content displayed in the best way across our platforms. The team has a diverse capability covering all aspects of the end-to-end commercial lifecycle.
The successful applicant would spend their time across all the disciplines: 3 months in each of the following functions: Sales, Commercial Analytics, Marketing, Brand.
What you'll be doing
Marketing & Brand
- Taking part in projects and team meetings
- Taking responsibility for uploading and managing content and copy on our website
- Taking responsibility for brand guardianship
- Supporting the development of content strategies
- Supporting the team with brand management activity
- Managing the user generated content created by our network of student content creators
- Supporting the website team with SEO (search engine optimisation) and CRO (conversion rate optimisation) implementation
- Supporting the planning and implementation of national and international campaigns
- Learning how data is used to drive business decision making to drive top line rental growth in a highly competitive market
- Taking responsibility for the analysis of sales trends
- Supporting the team with analysis to gain understanding of how channel and demographic data is used to understand optimal sales curves, drive pricing decisions and advise sales and marketing strategy
- Taking responsibility for key stakeholder relationships across the business
- Supporting the relationships with the wider Higher Education sector and learn how both its long term forecasts and short term decisions can influence the business
- Supporting the team with the full sales lifecycle
- Building key relationships with stakeholders
- Developing strong interpersonal skills to influence both internally and externally
- Supporting the team to drive revenue
Key skill needed
- Working towards a degree with a business, marketing or analytics element
- Interest in the full business lifecycle
- Someone who is self-reliant, eager to learn and enjoy solving problems
- We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.