As a Housing Register Apprentice, you will assess applications from customers applying for housing. You will make a difference by identifying households with an urgent need to move and supporting them through the application process. You will also identify individuals or families, who may need specialist advice, or support services and provide help to ensure they can access the services they need.
What will you be doing?
- You will be working closely and alongside existing experienced staff where you will assist them to provide a front line service giving an initial response to customers via telephone, email and in person.
- A considerable part of your role will be to respond to initial queries and to resolve problems for customers in relation to their housing circumstances.
- You will ensure that applications for social housing are correctly completed and appropriately assessed.
- You will arrange for health and housing assessments to be made and make routine decisions on the applicant’s banding on health and housing grounds.
- You will regularly make enquiries to complete assessments and establish if the customer is homeless, threatened with homelessness or is experiencing any other special circumstances.
- Where appropriate, you will refer applications to other sections within HomeChoice and signpost customers to other advice or support services.
- Throughout your 18 month apprenticeship, we will allocate you a workplace mentor to give you guidance and support in completing your Level 3 Business Administration, which requires weekly day release learning at SGS College, Filton Avenue, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7AT.
Things we need you to know:
All candidates that successfully reach the interview stages will be required to provide a 10 minute presentation as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who do not provide a presentation at interview will not process through the recruitment process.
As part of this training route you do need to undertake a basic skills assessment as part of the selection process. These will be emailed to you by the training provider, SGS College.
College attendance requires weekly day release learning at SGS College, Filton Avenue, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7AT.
What we need from you
- You will ideally hold a minimum of GCSE A*-C (or Grade 4-9) or equivalent qualification in English and Maths or be willing to undertake and gain Functional Skills in English and Maths as part of the apprenticeship.
- You must have the drive and willingness to learn new things and be committed to gaining your qualification.
- You should have a keen interest in Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ideally you will have good IT skills in the use of computer packages, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.