Salary: £30,000 - £41,333 per annum (M1- M6), £43,266 - £46,525 per annum (UPR 1-3)
Humanities is a large, thriving faculty within the Academy and is led by a passionate, experienced Director alongside established Subject Leads. 100% of students take History or Geography at Brislington and the faculty gets excellent results. The curriculum is rich and diverse with lots of opportunities for contextualising to Bristol and the South West.
Our aim, across all of our subjects, is to support students in becoming curious, knowledgeable citizens and to show them the world and its past to help them understand how it came to be the way it is today. Staff in the faculty are experts in their disciplines and ensure that our students receive a superb education.
We are excited to welcome new colleagues to our team to help us continue on our journey of success.
Oasis Academy Brislington is proud to provide exceptional education, at the heart of the community and are delighted to have been recognised as a ‘Good’ Academy, externally. (Ofsted, November 2021)
Joining our team of passionate, dedicated staff will provide you with a multitude of opportunities both personally, and professionally which will allow you to progress your career whilst making a genuine difference to the lives of children and their families, in Bristol.
What we can offer you:
- An exceptional CPD offer including fortnightly personalised Incremental Coaching, weekly Academy-wide and department-based CPD and termly Trust-based CPD.
- If you are an Early Career Teacher, you will be supported by your individual subject Mentor and the wider ECT team both within the Academy, and nationally.
- The opportunity to join a successful department, with a proven track record and a wealth of expertise in their subject and pedagogy.
- A pre-planned, Trust-wide curriculum with the autonomy to adapt for your students with no planning lessons from scratch!
- A centralised Culture for Learning policy which allows the teacher to teach and students to learn. You will be fully supported too by a superb Pastoral and SEND team.
- A streamlined, personalised feedback & assessment policy, created to minimise staff workload and maximise student progression.
- The prospect of working with an established, cohesive Middle Leadership team who have been the driving force of much of our sustained improvements and who can offer you consistency, expertise and support in every role within the Academy.
- The opportunity to undertake fully-funded National Professional Qualifications.
- The opportunity to run a weekly extra-curricular club of your choosing, and to share your hidden talents with students!
- Termly Staff Wellbeing Weeks where staff meetings are cancelled, and opportunities to prioritise your own interests are encouraged. We work hard to ensure that staff wellbeing is considered every day.
- Access to a modern, newly installed Fitness Suite and shower facilities.
- State-of-the-art facilities in a £34.6 million PFI funded building offering a modern environment for teaching and learning in one of the best equipped schools in the country.
- 1:1 iPad for students and staff to support work and learning.
- The opportunity to further your career within the Trust and look for development opportunities within Bristol. There are also a range of National Lead Practitioner roles within the Trust which you may also have the opportunity to apply for.
- Access to Eye Care vouchers and a national Cycle to Work scheme.
What we are looking for:
- A committed, passionate individual who wants to improve the life chances of students within Bristol.
- Someone with great subject knowledge, and a commitment to want to continue learning – both within your subject and from a pedagogical perspective.
- A great team player, who is able to support and develop others and work collaboratively to enhance the opportunities that we can give our students.
- A person who is committed to helping our students to have the ability to stand as first amongst equals, and to seek out opportunities to enhance their learning journey with us both in and outside of the classroom.
- If you think this sounds like a career you’d be excited to explore, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via the main office.
- If you would like to get a feel for our Academy before you apply, we would be happy to host you for a visit and to show you why we think Oasis Academy Brislington is such a great place to look.
- Please note, the Academy reserves the right to close the shortlisting process early should suitable candidates apply. Early applications are therefore encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.