Design Engineering Manager
Our client, leaders in their industry are looking for a Design Engineering Manager who will oversee their busy technical department! Someone who can be responsible for overall engineering of products from initial design through to hand over.
Design Engineering Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- See customer orders from initial design through to pre-production, overseeing the design, prototyping sign off and hand over processes
- The coordination of the company s design process to ensure sales and production dates are met
- Develop and write the product legislative requirements, ensuring internal records of the design, fabrication and revisions are kept according to UKCA requirements
- Responsible for new product development, ensuring design, production and the project management are working together to ensure the specification and timescales are met
- Ensuring compliance, developing and implementing robust internal design processes and procedures which are then adopted and adhered to
- Develop and write department literature for internal and external processes, collaborate with production to write and review SOP s for each stage of build
- A mentor and line manager for 3 team members, be conscious of the current and potential recruitment needs of the teams and manage relevant KPI s
- Oversee and Lead internal projects aimed at streamlining the process of design engineering within the Company
- Oversee design projects, be the point of contact for sales and production, ensuring deadlines are met and drawings and bills of materials are of a production standard
- Produce testing procedures, oversee and document results
- Ensure that customer requirements are understood, investigate how to develop the product, ensure it works within cost and time parameters
- Manage the warranty review process, ISO audit process lead for Design finding rout cause and resolving issues
The ideal Design Engineering Manager will:
- Have worked for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Have a background in Agricultural or Heavy Machinery
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years leading a design Team
- Solid Technical Knowledge and understanding of Product/Process design
- Sound Technical background & Knowledge of BS308/BS8888
- Extensive design documentation experience
- Experience of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical systems
- Sound knowledge of IT systems in general and CAD in particular
- Good working knowledge of MRP is highly desirable
Working Hours + Benefits:
- Monday - Thursday: 08:17:00
- Friday: 08 00
- Hours may vary depending on company requirements
- Time back in Lie
- 30 minute lunch break, 2x15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon (paid)
- Free Onsite Parking and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance after two years service
- Company Events and Referral Programme
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 26 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate s requirements to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.